I have been shooting weddings for 15 years and have dealt with pretty much every scenario that they can throw at me. From torrential rain to a surprise visit from Tony Blackburn in a shirt unbuttoned to the waist and making people dance to ABBA. I may have PTSD about that one.
I am a deeply stylish nerd, I am passionate about good cheese, the TV shows Parks & Recreation (Watch it. Really. But Season 1 is a bit sketchy. When you’ve finished season 2 or 3 come back to me and we can talk about how much you love it) and What We do in The Shadows (nadja4eva), and I believe comfy shoes to be a basic human right.
Up until a few years ago I thought weasels were mythical – outside of Wind in the Willows, it had just never came up. I have been deeply in love with Keanu Reeves since I was 15 years old, he curiously doesn’t seem to feel the same if the marked lack of texts and emails is any evidence. His loss. What am I saying? I can’t stay mad at Keanu.
I am terrified of large beetles, adore dogs, and am fascinated by the puppies of the sea (sharks). I assume my eventual demise will be as a result of one of these animals.
I was once an extra in a Welsh soap opera
I am not Welsh but this is fine because I didn’t have to talk.
I instantly forget the rules to all board games
Literally as soon as they are explained to me. Really, how is anyone else remembering this stuff? I have to check the sleeve notes to Uno.
I not married to Nick Offerman or Matt Berry despite by best efforts. Staying single just in case.
But I do have two kick-ass kids who will rule the world one day if I can’t find a way to stop them.
MADE OF CHEESE
- Every bride looks like a stone cold fox on their wedding day. They just do. Don’t come at me with disagreement.
- Children will not sit still. Ever. Unless you want them to run about. And reverse psychology doesn’t work. It really comes down to hypnotism or a blow dart.
- I consider being present at these important days such a privilege. To see the anxiety, the drama, the relief, the fun, the dancing, the affection; and then to get to record it all – is there a better job?
- Also sometimes there are confetti cannons and I am basically a delinquent magpie so I find this endlessly exciting. I may or may not keep a mini one in my car boot.
- If you bring a dog to your wedding, 36% of delivered images will be of that dog. That’s just science.
Dogs are EVERYTHING
But if you like cats
WHERE AM I BASED?
I shoot creative, modern wedding photography in Winchester, Hampshire, and throughout the UK. Wherever you are planning to say 'I do', and to whom, please get in touch.